"I believe that the very purpose of life is to be happy. From the very core of our being, we desire contentment. In my own limited experience I have found that the more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being. Cultivating a close, warmhearted feeling for others automatically puts the mind at ease. It helps remove whatever fears or insecurities we may have and gives us the strength to cope with any obstacles we encounter. It is the principal source of success in life. Since we are not solely material creatures, it is a mistake to place all our hopes for happiness on external development alone. The key is to develop inner peace."

Quote from the Dalai Lama

I don't know how many of you can relate, but I seek some truth in his words of wisdom. I feel so happy when I help friends and family, and know that I have helped in some way in their happiness. It's what I live for. If those close to me are unhappy, I'll never be truly satisfied because I know there's something I can do in my own power to help make things better. Yet I also do know there will be situations where its best for me to stay out of.

How do we find inner peace? How do we come to terms with our own problems and situations, and learn to accept what life throws us? It's not simple, but I'm pretty sure it isn't that difficult either. We complicate things for ourselves, perhaps as a defense mechanism built up over past failures. Sometimes it's easier to stay safe rather than take a risk to see what happens. That way, however, prevents the good stuff from appearing too.

Its hard to act on what you preach. Talk is easy. But it always is in a third person point of view. Some people focus solely on their happiness and success, others live of others to achieve that.

What is my point? I have no fucking clue.

I just want my chocolate.