This may be a little overdue, but we went for the Maroon 5 concert and I must say I was quite disappointed, right from start to end. We were all so looking forward to the concert considering One Republic was opening for them and they had at least 2 hit singles out on the radio. I was all set to be crooned by a bunch of guys. We got the bunch of guys, crooned, I think not.

One Republic was surprisingly and most deafeningly whiny...in a Coldplay kind of way, just worse. What happened to the soulful voice we hear on the radio? I think he tried to hard to prove he could sing liveeeeeeee. That was how he ended his sentencessssss. (Think pitch going up and down) They performed that way for half an hour. Woo-hoo. Not. And another half an hour after that only did Maroon 5 appear on stage.

Ridiculous. Gates opened at 6.30pm, M5 came on at fucking 9pm. They were on for only slightly over an hour. What a waste of my fucking dough. $92 for whinging opening acts and a short performance??? I felt awfully cheated. Especially when we were all so hyped up for it. The 1st thing my sister said when Adam Lavigne appeared on stage was "Couldn't he wear something nicer, dress up a bit?". Jeez.

The most entertainment we got was this "siao lao char bo" (crazy old woman)  dancing around like an idiotic maniac, with moves so cruelly funny I almost dropped to the ground laughing. I swear, the 3 of us could not take our eyes of her. I probably made Jem crack up more when I try to imitate her cool moves.

Whatever it is, whenever I hear M5 on the radio now, I don't feel like singing to it anymore. Don't get me wrong, he sang live really well. But I didn't feel his performance at all...the passion, energy, entertainment etc etc, NONE.

Poo on you M5.